Moving technology from minds to markets ®
Joint Research and Development Opportunities
TechLink helps companies to partner with US Department of Defense labs and other organizations for joint R&D projects. These projects result in new technologies with both government and commercial applications. Joint R&D projects enable companies to tap into the vast resources available in top government research facilities. Benefits include:
- Expediting research and development
- Developing new commercial opportunities
- Accessing world-class experts and facilities
- Creating visibility for new technology
- Establishing productive long-term business relationships
How TechLink assists
- Helps identify potential partners for joint R&D projects
- Helps potential partners to define the project’s Scope of Work
- Facilitates the entire agreement process
- Helps to establish related licensing agreements
TechLink has brokered nearly 800 technology transfer partnerships, including over 280 license agreements, between DoD labs and companies. These agreements have involved 88 percent of all DoD labs and centers nationwide.
Technologies available for licensing can be found in the Patents area of our website. Each patent abstract on our website links to the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) website where the full patent may be viewed.
For some technologies, we feature Technology Summaries, which succinctly present the technology’s key features and benefits, development status, and applications.