Moving technology from minds to markets ®
Technology Licensing Assistance
TechLink assists the US Department of Defense and other organizations in licensing their technologies to industry, which gives companies the commercial rights to create new or improved products and services from the technologies.
TechLink has facilitated more than 280 license agreements between DoD labs and companies throughout the US and the world. These agreements comprise more than 775 patented or patent-pending inventions and include the three largest license agreements in DoD history. TechLink currently brokers approximately half of all new license agreements between the DoD and industry.
How TechLink assists government labs and industry
- Screening of technologies for commercial viability
- Marketing of selected technologies
- Helping companies to locate and evaluate technologies
- Helping companies to prepare quality license applications and commercialization plans
- Facilitating the entire licensing process
- Helping to establish cooperative research and development agreements (CRADAs) in support of licensing projects
Technologies available for licensing can be found in the Patents area of our website. Each patent abstract on our website links to the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) website where the full patent may be viewed.
For some technologies, we feature Technology Summaries, which succinctly present the technology’s key features and benefits, development status, and applications.
TechLink is a US Department of Defense Partnership Intermediary per Authority 15 USC 3715.