TechLink assists the US Department of Defense in licensing its inventions to industry, enabling companies to create new products and services using these
inventions. There is no charge to either DoD labs or companies for these services.
TechLink has helped establish more than 300 license agreements between DoD labs and companies throughout the United States, resulting in the transfer of more than 800 patented or patent-pending inventions. TechLink currently facilitates over half of all
new license agreements between the DoD and industry.
TechLink assists DoD labs and industry by:
- Screening all DoD patented inventions for commercial viability
- Marketing selected inventions to industry
- Helping companies evaluate DoD inventions
- Helping companies prepare high-quality license applications and commercialization plans
- Facilitating the entire licensing process through the signature phase
- Helping establish cooperative research and development agreements (CRADAs) in support of license
Inventions available for licensing can be found in the Patents area of our website. Each patent abstract links to the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) website, where the full patent may be viewed.
For many DoD inventions, we provide technology summaries that succinctly present each technology’s key features and benefits, development status, and applications.
If you are interested in learning more about any of the above-linked opportunities or wish to discuss the process for collaborative research or patent licensing, please contact one of our Tech Managers at http://techlinkcenter.org/about/staff