Moving technology from minds to markets ®
Cold Weather Admixture Systems
CWAS are formulations added to concrete during mixing to allow curing and proper setting at concrete temperatures as low as 23°F (-5°C).
Placement of concrete in winter conditions with application to general construction, emergency repair, and use for commercial and military concrete construction.
- Reduces cost
- Extends the concrete season
- Enhances productivity
- Accelerates curing
- Enhances freeze/thaw resistance
- Shown effective to -20 °F
- Allows placement without thawing substrates
- CWAS was developed by the US Army Cold Regions Lab.
- An ASTM Standard (C1622) is approved for the technology.
- Various lab & full-scale demonstrations have been performed.
- Partners are needed for project implementation & commercialization.
- Additional technical details http://www.crrel.usace.army.mil/concrete/