Whether it’s the establishment of a remote military outpost, disaster relief center or new office location, a primary goal is the quick installation of communications capabilities for a team to be functional. Speed and operational effectiveness is a key to the military and to that point, Army researchers have developed a novel set of rapid deployment communications tiles with functionality of power supply, data access and transmission. These tiles can link together via electrical coupling to create an IT infrastructure without exposed data or power wires. Generator power or batteries can be plugged in to the supply tiles and data or telephony jacks can be likewise plugged into the access tiles. Transmission tiles interconnect the access tiles and route data appropriately. The tiles securely link together and create a floor which can be walked or even driven upon by a truck without functional damage.
- The tiles are environmentally sealed for use in harsh conditions
- Interlocking dove-tail design allows for rapid installation, reconfiguration and dismantling
- Power and data connectors are manually extended and retracted between the tiles
- US patent 9,657,484 available for license
- Potential for collaboration with Army researchers