The Air Force 711th Human Performance Wing has devised a wrist- or arm-mount cuff assembly that enables ready, hands-free access to communication devices and other tools. The cuff uses a multi-layer blend of soft and rigid components that conform to the muscle and structure of the forearm. The tensioning system achieves a customizable, non-slip fit that can be adjusted with one hand. The modular device mount can be adapted to accommodate mapping, communication, and music devices, as well as a rail system for attaching a flashlight and other tools.
- Easily adjusted with one hand
- Adaptable to various tools and electronic devices
- US patent 9,144,168 is available for license
- Potential for collaboration with lab researchers
- Successfully field tested and under consideration for broad implementation
- No-cost licensing assistance available