The US Air Force Research Laboratory, Directed Energy Directorate, has developed and patented two world class software modules to solve simulation problems: Cubegen™ and TMax™ software.
Cubegen™ software is a highly accurate and fast Cartesian mesh generation technique with colossal cell capacity using minimal computation and storage resources. This feat is accomplished by using a memory efficient ray tracing method, a highly accurate ray-facet intersection test, and a novel exact tie-breaking algorithm for rays intersecting facet edges and vertices.
TMax™ software then solves Maxwell equations on the Cubegen™ Cartesian mesh using the finite difference time domain method and generates output – modeling situations of interest to the electromagnetic community.
- Fast and efficient: Cubegen™ software can easily generate a 10 billion cell volume on laptop and a trillion cell volume on a work station. TMax™ software can easily simulate a 2 billion cell volume on a workstation and a trillion cell volume on a super computer.
- Accurate with high resolution: With this high resolution capability, complex shapes can be modeled accurately; errors such as stair stepping and numerical dispersion are negligible.
- Benefits realizable by users with million cell problems: E-M simulators solving million cell and larger problems will see noticeable efficiency and resolution gains.
- Compatible with nearly all CAD packages: Reads standard tessellation language (STL) format.
- TMax™ software used for mission essential projects including: RF illumination of printed circuit board; lightning strike field penetration; helix antenna; engine stopper; and cargo-bay RF penetration
- Code in Fortran 90; TMax™ software user manual complete
- Issued US Patent 8,059,122 – Cartesian Mesh Generation Technique - available for license
- Potential for collaboration with US Air Force Research Laboratory inventor